Checklist for Happy Healthy Living
- Go to bed early enough that you get good REM sleep. Our bodies require sleep to restore, repair, rejuvenate, and balance itself.
- Wake up and decide to be grateful & happy. Being thankful leaves no space for negativity.
- Drink water, hydrate throughout the day. Our bodies are made up of almost 60 percent water. I personally love a glass of lemon water when I first wake up and drink a ton of water throughout the day.
- Make time to meditate every day for your soul. Sit still, be silent and renew your mind. I try to start my days with at least five minutes of mindful stillness.
- Nourish your temple (body) with whole real foods. Find a healthy relationship with your food. Every chance you eat should be a time to maximize your nutrients.
- Move your body daily (go for a walk, hike, or run, take a fitness class, strength train, or do some stretches). Discern what is right for your movements because everyone is different. Just move!
- Forgive quickly and often. People will inevitably let you down. To avoid bitterness and resentment, pardoning another person's actions towards you will give you peace.